All language learning takes place in interaction. In the classroom, learners must interact with one another and with their teachers.
In this seminar, we will explore different aspects of learner-learner and learner-teacher interaction in order to understand the challenges that second language interaction presents and the opportunities for language learning that it offers.
We will discuss and analyse issues such as
• Teacher support of student interaction
• Teacher feedback on learner language
• Learner responses to opportunities to speak and corrective feedback
• Language choices made by learners in interaction with one another or with the teacher
- Kursleiter:in: Prof. Dr. Jana Roos