The course covers theory and advanced image analysis techniques in transmission electron microscopy (TEM). In the lecture the following topics are explained:
- basic anatomy of a TEM, electron guns, holders and detectors, ,
- theory of image formation, how electrons interact with material, ,
- sample preparation and image acquisition in single particle TEM and
- 2D and 3D image analysis in single particle TEM and
- 2D crystallography
- refinement and validation of 3D reconstructions
- visualisation and interpretation of TEM results
During the seminar you will analyse current TEM results from subject-specific English literature, summarize the key aspects of the work and discuss the research outcome critically.
The concept of Bioelectronics and Nanobiotechnology will be introduced. A course involving presentations from the research group and active discussion with the sudents.
In particular coupling of biomolecules and conductive surfaces; array techniques, artificial (new) bioreceptors, and effect of nanostructures and high resolution analysis will be discussed
- Kursleiter:in: Ulla Wollenberger