This is the second part of a two-course module which lays the groundwork for all further coursework in linguistics. In this course, students will learn about aspects of syntax, i.e. how phrases, clauses, and sentences are formed. They
- excerpt the relevant knowledge from course-specific online material and/or literature on the basis of guiding questions,
- test their understanding by applying their newly acquired knowledge to exercise questions,
- clarify questions in class, and
- complete assignments, which also include an application task, for each subtopic
in order to later be able to use these skills in the advanced linguistics courses in their BA and MA studies.
We strongly recommend attending this course in parallel with part I.
- Kursleiter:in: Nicholas Williams